1. The judge in Australia who believed Cardinal George Pell should be release from prison and said so
3. There is nothing good in this story about a man set for execution in Florida tomorrow
4. About a Virginia family’s fight with leukemia. Long-time readers of NR will appreciate knowing that Poppy’s mother is Kate O’Beirne’s niece
5. A birth mother talks about choosing adoption for her second child:
Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Ohio needs to be added to this list.
— Emily DeArdo (@emdeardo) August 21, 2019
7. A Religious Freedom & Business Foundation study suggests common ground in the unnecessary religious freedom/LGBT clash
8. Robert P. George on our need for courage:
10. We have too many Abraham Lincolns (a.k.a unchurched Americans)?
Dear friends, will you please pray for me? In 10 days I am going to try to visit the man who abducted and murdered my sister Laura 22 years ago. Pray that I can show him a reflection of Christ’s mercy and forgiveness, and call him back to the Father’s heart. /1
— David A. Smither (@DavidASmither) August 20, 2019
ICYMI, go here to watch Julie Andrews and Rex Harrison appear in a staged, scripted recreation of the first rehearsal for the 1956 Broadway premiere of “My Fair Lady,” in which they created the starring roles: https://t.co/dLUmiXj8kw
— Terry Teachout (@TerryTeachout1) August 18, 2019